There are many streaming platforms available to watch on-demand content and live TV channels in Canada. One of the most unique and popular streaming platforms is CTV, also known as Canadian TV. Unlike other streaming platforms, CTV doesn’t have subscription plans. You must have a Cable TV Provider subscription to access the content. If you have installed CTV on your device, remember to activate it before streaming the content.
How to Activate CTV on Any Device
Activating CTV is almost similar on smartphone/PC/Smart TV/Streaming devices.
1. Open the CTV application once you have installed it.
2. Navigate and select Sign In under Account Management.
3. An activation code will appear on the screen.
4. Now, launch the default browser and visit the activation site: https://ctv.ca/activate
5. Choose the desired TV provider and click on it. Even you can search for the TV provider in the text box.
6. Login to the TV provider using the credentials and enter the activation code.
7. Once verified, the screen refreshes, and you can stream your favorite content.
How to Install CTV on Your Device
The steps to install the CTV application vary depending on the device.
1. On the Home screen, select Streaming Channels.
2. Select Search Channels under Streaming Channels.
3. Search for CTV using the on-screen keyboard.
4. Once you have found it, select Add Channel, and it will be added to your Roku device.
1. Turn on your Xbox gaming console and navigate to Store.
2. Under Categories, select Apps.
3. Select Search Apps and search for CTV.
4. Further, choose the desired app from the search results and select Install.
Samsung Smart TV
1. First, connect your Samsung Smart TV to the WiFi.
2. Press Home or Smart Hub on the remote to get the Home screen.
3. Select Apps → Search → Type CTV.
4. Finally, select the app and install it on your Smart TV.
Amazon Fire TV Stick
1. On the Home screen of the Firestick, select Find → Search.
2. Enter CTV using the on-screen keyboard or search the app using Voice control.
3. Select Download/Get to install the app.
1. First, launch the Home screen and select App Store.
2. Select Search (Lens icon) and find CTV.
3. Choose the app from the search results.
4. Lastly, select Get to install the CTV application.
1. Turn on your Smart TV and press Home.
2. Select Apps → Navigate to Play Store.
3. Enter CTV on the search field.
4. Select the app from the search results and install it on your Android TV.
Other Streaming Services Activation Guides:
No. Unfortunately CTV is a geo-restricted platform, and it is available only to users in Canada. To stream CTV outside Canada, you can use VPNs to watch your favorite show.
CTV might not work if the app is incompatible or due to the poor internet connection. Therefore, check the internet speed and restart the router. You can even restart or update the app to fix the issue.
- How to Activate CIBC Credit Card [3 Methods]
- How to Activate Willow on Different Devices
- How to Activate SBS On Demand on Different Devices
- How to Activate Animal Planet GO on Different Devices
- How to Install and Activate MTV on Streaming Devices and Smart TV
- How to Activate NCAA March Madness Live [All Devices]
- How to Activate MLB TV on Streaming Devices and Smart TV
- How to Activate LocalBTV [All Devices]
- How to Reactivate Skype Credit [Online]
- How to Activate Spotify Premium [Mobile/PC]