Oculus Quest 2 is the best VR headset and it has everything about VR. Oculus Quest 2 is also bundled with two controllers. Recently, the Oculus Quest 2 is renamed Meta Quest. One of the main reasons for Quest to be the best in its price. Everybody can get it for under $300. In addition, it has an immersive game library and strong built-in audio. With the developer mode enabled on Oculus Quest 2, you can create new games, change settings, activate performance improvements, and you do whatever you wish to do.
How to Turn on Developer Mode on Oculus Quest 2
To activate developer mode on Oculus Quest 2, you must have a developer account. You can create an Oculus developer account from the official website for free.
Steps to Create an Oculus Developer Account
1. Open a web browser on your computer or smartphone.
2. Navigate to the Oculus site (https://developer.oculus.com).
3. You have two options to create a developer account. You can use your Facebook profile to create a developer account or you can create a new developer account without merging any of your social profiles.
5. Click on Create an unmerged Oculus Developer Account to create a new account from scratch.
6. If you want to use your Facebook profile, click the Sign up with a Facebook account to link your Facebook profile to the Oculus developer account.
7. Once you enter all the details correctly, tap the Create Account button and verify your email address.
8. After creating the account, click on the Go to login button to go to the Oculus developer home page.
9. Hit the Gear icon to unlock all the available features on the developer account.
Steps to Activate Developer Mode on Oculus Quest 2
1. Turn on Oculus Quest 2 headset.
2. Unlock your smartphone and download the Oculus app on your smartphone.
4. Once you have downloaded the app, open the app and sign in with your developer account.
5. Next, choose Devices from the bottom menu.
6. Tap the Developer Mode option.
7. Swipe the toggle next to Developer Mode to activate developer mode on Oculus Quest 2.
Related: How to Activate Xbox Dev Mode.
Frequently Asked Questions
Turn on your headset and navigate to Settings. If you find the Developer option in the Settings menu, then it is enabled on your Quest 2.
With the developer mode, you can sideload apps from your PC to Oculus Quest 2. You can also tweak some performance settings in the headset.
- How to Activate TLC GO on Your Streaming Device and Smart TV
- How to Activate Fox Sports on Roku, Firestick, Apple TV, Xbox, and Smart TV
- How to Activate TOD on Apple TV, LG Smart TV, and Samsung Smart TV
- How to Activate TSN on Your Device
- How to Install & Activate CTV on Your Device
- How to Add and Activate STARZ on Different Devices
- How to Install and Activate BET [BET NOW] on Your Device
- How to Activate History Channel on Roku, Firestick, Apple TV, and Smart TV
- How to Add and Activate Comedy Central on Your Device
- How to Install and Activate MyLifetime [Lifetime App]