How to Activate Safe Search [Safe Search]
SafeSearch is a search engine feature that filters unsafe and offensive images, videos, and websites from search results. SafeSearch helps you to make sure your children are safe online. So parents, teachers, caretakers, and schools use SafeSearch to make the internet a safer place. For 12 years old or younger, this feature is enabled by default. If you are using Google’s family link app, only the parents can turn on or off the feature. Further, if you are using SafeSearch in school or at a workplace, only the administrators can activate Safe Search.
How to Activate Safe Search on PC
1. Open the Google web browser on your Windows or Mac PC and log in with your Google account.
2. Tap Settings in the bottom right corner of the home page. In the latest version of Google Chrome, you have to visit this link to get into the SafeSearch settings.
3. Select Search settings from the menu that appears on the screen.
4. Click the Checkbox near Turn on SafeSearch on the search settings page. In the new version, enable the Explicit results filter toggle.
5. Tap the Save button at the bottom of the screen.
How to Activate Google Safe Search on Andriod Smartphone
On Google App
1. Open the Google app on your Android smartphone.
2. Click the More icon at the bottom of the screen.
3. Tap Settings on the menu that appears on the screen.
4. Select General on the Settings page.
5. Turn on the SafeSearch toggle.
On Chrome Web Browser
1. Open the Google Chrome browser and click the Menu icon on the Home page.
2. Tap Settings from the menu.
3. Click the checkbox near the Hide explicit results to activate SafeSearch.
4. Tap the Save button at the bottom of the screen to save the changes.
on Andriod TV
1. Launch the Home screen on your Andriod TV.
2. Navigate to Settings.
3. Select Preferences under settings and click Search.
4. Tap the SafeSearch filter and click On to enable SafeSearch on your Andriod TV.
How to Activate Safe Search on iPhone/iPad
On Google App
1. Open the Google app on your iPhone or iPad.
2. Click the Profile icon.
3. Select Settings from the menu.
4. Tap General under settings.
5. Hit the Search Settings tile under the General section.
6. Click the Checkbox near the Hide explicit to enable SafeSearch.
7. If you are using an iPad, hit the checkbox near Filter explicit results to turn on SafeSearch.
8. Finally, tap the Save button to save the changes.
SafeSearch on Chrome Browser
1. Open the Chrome browser and log in with your Google account.
2. Tap the Menu icon and select Settings.
3. Click the SafeSearch.
4. Tap the checkbox near the Hide explicit results to enable SafeSearch.
5. Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click the Save button to save the changes.
How to Activate Safe Search on Bing
1. Open the Bing browser on your device.
2. Sign in with your Bing account.
3. Click the Menu icon on the top right corner.
4. Select SafeSearch from the menu.
5. Here, you can find three options under SafeSearch Strict, Moderate, and Off.
6. Click the checkbox near Strict to filter adult text, images, and videos from the search results.
7. Finally, tap the Save button to save the changes.
Frequently Asked Questions
SafeSearch will automatically be turned on for 12 years and younger users. For others, you have to turn it on manually.
No, both are different. In Incognito mode, your browsing history and cache will not be stored. In SafeSearch, you won’t get any explicit content while browsing.
- How to Activate Willow on Different Devices
- How to Activate fuboTV on Different Devices
- How to Activate SBS On Demand on Different Devices
- How to Activate TVOne on Roku and Android TV
- How to Activate Animal Planet GO on Different Devices
- How to Activate TCM on Roku, Firestick, and Apple TV
- How to Install and Activate MTV on Streaming Devices and Smart TV
- How to Activate NCAA March Madness Live [All Devices]
- How to Activate MLB TV on Streaming Devices and Smart TV
- How to Activate TSN on Your Device