Xfinity Stream is one of the best options for those who spend most of their time in front of the TV. Xfinity Stream offers a collection of on-demand movies and shows. You can start the show in one room and finish it in another with the Anyroom DVR Xfinity On Demand. You need to activate the Xfinity remote after you unbox it, as it comes un-programmed.
How to Activate Xfinity Remote Using Setup Button
Using the below steps, you can activate the XR11, XR5, and XR2 remote models.
1. First, remove the back cover of your Xfinity remote and check whether the batteries are inserted correctly.
2. Turn on your TV and the TV box.
3. Next, set the correct TV input on your TV.
4. Press and hold the Setup button on your remote till the LED light on the remote turns from red to green.
5. Then, press the Xfinity button on your remote, the LED light will start flashing.
6. Next, enter the code in the specified order to pair the Xfinity remote.
7. After you enter the correct code, your remote will be paired with your TV box.
How to Pair and Activate Xfinity Remote Without a Setup Button
You can use the below steps to pair and activate XR15 voice remotes.
1. First, make sure you inserted the batteries into the Xfinity voice remote.
2. Next, turn on your TV and TV box.
3. Select the correct input device on your TV.
4. Press and hold the Xfinity and the Info buttons on your remote for a few seconds.
5. Wait till the red light on the remote change to green.
6. Now, the pairing code will appear on your TV screen.
7. Enter the pairing code and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the pairing process.
How to Activate XR16 Voice Remote
The below steps are applicable for the Flex remotes with no number keys.
1. First, make sure your TV is turned on.
2. Next, drag and remove the Pull tab on the backside of the remote.
3. Place the remote pointing to your TV.
4. Then, press the Microphone button on your remote.
5. Follow the on-screen prompts to complete the XR16 remote activation process.
How to Activate Xfinity Remote Using Xfinity App
2. Open the app and click the TV icon.
3. Next, tap the Setup a Remote option.
4. Then, select the remote control model you want to activate and click the Continue button.
5. Finally, select TV or Audio/Other and follow the on-screen instructions to activate the Xfinity remote using the app.
Frequently Asked Questions
The Setup button on Xfinity Remote will be named Setup. In some remotes, there will be no Setup button. In that case, you can use the Xfinity button.
By using the setup codes, you can program the Xfinity remote to the TV.
- How to Activate TLC GO on Your Streaming Device and Smart TV
- How to Activate Fox Sports on Roku, Firestick, Apple TV, Xbox, and Smart TV
- How to Activate TOD on Apple TV, LG Smart TV, and Samsung Smart TV
- How to Activate TSN on Your Device
- How to Install & Activate CTV on Your Device
- How to Add and Activate STARZ on Different Devices
- How to Install and Activate BET [BET NOW] on Your Device
- How to Activate History Channel on Roku, Firestick, Apple TV, and Smart TV
- How to Add and Activate Comedy Central on Your Device
- How to Install and Activate MyLifetime [Lifetime App]